Raspberry leaves are known as the woman’s herb, it's the traditional alternative medicine herbs that improve women's health and decrease pregnancy problems. It is recommended by pregnancy and obstetrics doctors, due to its important nutritional value to increase women’s fertility, which relieves suffering of resorting to IVF operations whose price is high and its results are not guaranteed.
In this article, we will tell you about the raspberry tea benefits, its side effects, and contraindications for its use.
What are the raspberry tea benefits?
Scientific studies have proven that raspberry tea for pregnancy, especially in the second period of pregnancy, reduces the woman’s exposure to childbirth problems, such as dystocia, premature birth or caesarean section. The raspberry tea benefits are:
1. Shortening the birth duration
Experiments have proven that raspberry leaves is very effective to facilitate childbirth because it contains magnesium and faragarin, which helps in facilitating the birth process, shortening the duration of labour, and strengthening the uterine muscles in the pelvic area, which regulates labour contractions and accelerates contractions.
2. Improve uterine health
One of the raspberry tea benefits is that it enhances blood flow to the uterus, and balances hormones that increase the chance of pregnancy and help stabilize it, due to its high effectiveness in strengthening the uterine wall and improving women’s physical health.
Raspberry leaves is an effective diuretic, as it relieves body bloating in the last stage of pregnancy resulting from fluid accumulation in the body and pressure on the bladder. It also treats flatulence and stomach pain.
4. Reduce childbirth complications
Raspberry leaves reduce the risk of postpartum bleeding, reduce medical interventions during childbirth, and are effective for relieving cramps, colic, and nausea after childbirth.
5. Vitamins and Minerals source
Raspberry leaves are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. It also contains antioxidants that contribute to improving the brain health of the fetus, and increase the chances of having a healthy baby.
6. Produce breast milk
Raspberry tea benefits pregnant and breastfeeding women also, because it contains polyphenols that increase the milk supply of mothers.
7. Reducing pregnancy cracks
Raspberry leaves reduce skin problems that affect women during pregnancy, such as pregnancy cracks and white lines, because it stimulates blood circulation and reduces the negative effects of pregnancy on the skin.
Who should not take raspberry leaf tea?
There are some health conditions that prevent a pregnant woman from consuming raspberry leaf tea, namely:
- Allergy to raspberry leaves, like skin irritation and rash, so it is preferable to conduct an allergy test before drinking raspberry leaf tea.
- In the first months of pregnancy, because it has a great effect on the uterus muscles, which weakens pregnancy and causes early miscarriage.
- Gestational diabetes or high blood pressure during pregnancy, or other complications such as contractions and sudden spasms in the uterus.
- If the pregnant woman's health condition necessitates a caesarean section, or she underwent it in her previous birth, or if she underwent a premature birth before.
- If vaginal bleeding occurs during the second trimester of pregnancy, to avoid miscarriage.
- It is not preferable to drink it if the woman is pregnant with twins.
What are the raspberry leaf tea side effects?
Despite the many raspberry tea benefits, drinking more than 3 cups per day poses a risk to pregnancy and excessive consumption causes the following damage:
- Raspberry leaf tea affects the intestines and causes diarrhea when consuming a large amount of it.
- It causes incontinence and dehydration due to excessive diuresis in some women.
- It causes pain in the kidneys and muscles of the uterus due to increased contractions.
- It affects hypertensive patients, causing hypotension and dizziness.
- The possibility of miscarriage if taken at the beginning of pregnancy.
In the end, you should consult a doctor before consuming raspberry leaf tea, because the nature of each woman’s body differs from the other, and because the doctor is more aware of the pregnant health condition, and if any symptoms appear that may endanger the pregnancy, it must be stopped immediately and consulted with the doctor, we wish you safety always..